Class 1 are reception children, currently taught by Mrs Tempest and Miss Scott-Hake. We have two classroom assistants in our class, Mrs Crouch and Mrs Bosley. We love learning both indoors and outdoors in our outdoor classroom.
We follow the curriculum guidance for the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Work is planned across seven areas of learning:
• Personal, social and emotional development
• Communication and language: listening and attention, understanding, speaking
• Physical development: moving and handling, health and self-care
• Literacy: reading and writing
• Mathematics: numbers, counting, shape, and measure
• Understanding the world
• Expressive arts and design
We work on topics and themes, which provides learning opportunities through lots of interesting activities and investigations.
We are very lucky to have several volunteers who visit our class on a weekly basis to change our reading books and listen to our reading.
Click on our current timetable and topic below